Saturday, August 15, 2009

Can't believe it's almost over

It's hard to believe that the week is gone , and on Monday we'll start back to the U.S. It's been challenging, interesting, fun, heart-breaking, and life-changing. This is such a beautiful country, and with such wonderful people, that i really am not ready to come home,much as I miss everyone there. If I had my way, everyone in the States would have to spend a week here, and see with their own eyes the truth of what life here is like. yesterday I cut the grass at the farm with a machete!Anyone who complains about having to push a lawnmower (or ride on one) will never get sympathy from me again!
Tonight we attended the Dondo version of Ignite Student Ministries, called Venganha.I was interested in the differences to our youth group, but even more encouraged by the similarities. A bunch of young people, some with an obvious passion for the Lord, some sort of hanging and seeing what it's about- but all connecting and having a great time together! And man, can they sing !
Tomorrow we will attend two different churches in the area, then start to prepare for our return.Problems with the wifi have prevented me from posting pictures, but I promise when I return to the States I'll have a whole bunch up asap.
God's blessings on you all-thanks for reading- I hope to post once more in Mozambique so until next post-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment